Marc Newson Unbreakable Drinkware Collection
The World’s Finest Unbreakable Drinkware – a synergy of form and function
The Marc Newson Unbreakable Drinkware by Palm is the proud recipient of this prestigious Red Dot Design award.
The Red Dot Design Award is an international design prize awarded by the Design Zentrum Nordrhein Westfalen in Essen, Germany.
The collection also won a Good Design Award in 2013.
The Good Design Award is one of the longest standing and most prestigious design awards, promoting excellence in design and innovation since 1958.
It is managed by Good Design Australia.
This collection is the result of a collaboration between the design skills of Marc Newson, who has been described as the most influential designer of his generation (www.marcnewson.com) and the engineering and production skills of Robert Wilson and his team at Palm Products. (www.palmproducts.com.au)
The objective was to create the world’s finest range of unbreakable drinkware.
Marc Newson’s sculptured shapes are beautiful, dramatic and unique. Their brilliance comes from their honesty, functionality and timelessness and their understanding of material limitations. They are a pleasure to hold. Their curved shapes sit naturally in the hand and they feel balanced with their glass-like weighed sections. They have a non-confrontational human quality.
Competitors typically use single-shot moulding technology. This collection uses co-moulding technology to enhance visual and functional design.
The collections unique co-moulded non-slip coloured base and optional tinted top adds drama, individuality and facilitates customization for the mass market.
Superior functionality for indoor/outdoor use was the starting point for the design. Attention to detail and the use of co-moulding technology has assisted the range fulfil its intended purpose with a completeness that has not been achieved previously.
Top 10 Reasons to purchase
1.Beautiful and functional design by Marc Newson
- Marc Newson is one of the world’s most influential designers – also designs for Apple, Riva and Qantas amongst others.
- The designs have been described as “pure”
- They are beautiful to look-at and to hold.
- See the collection featured on http://marc-newson.com/
- Winner of a Red-Dot design Award in 2014 and a Good Design Award in 2013.
2.Made from BPA-free Tritan
- Tritan is made exclusively by Eastman in the USA.
- It is BPA-free (polycarbonate is made from BPA)
- It has superior glass-like clarity to polycarbonate
- It has superior dishwasher safety to polycarbonate
- It has superior stain resistance to polycarbonate
- It has similar toughness
- Longer life gives better value and better sustainability
- Tritan and the non-slip base are recyclable
- Both materials are certified as passing the relevant European Commission and the US Food and Drug Administration food standards. The range carries the CE (Conformity European) mark.
- Available in 6 colours – customers love the colours and the choice
- The happy colours are Navy Blue, Vivid Blue, Green glow-in-the-dark, Orange and white
- The edgy colours are Black and White
- Consumers like to pick more than one colour
- Colour preference
- Vivid Blue 26%
- White 21%
- Green 20%
- Klein Blue(Navy) 16%
- Orange 12%
- Black 6%
- Aids stability
- Acts as a coaster, protecting surfaces
- Gives a more solid feel
5.Glass-like finish and clarity
- Superior polish to 2 microns – usual polish level is 6 microns – giving a brighter and more reflective surface
- Perfect distortion and ripple free surfaces for glass-like clarity – check by holding up to light – most drinkware is imperfect.
6.Compact Stable designs
- Many competitor’s designs are tall and thin – can be easily blown-over or tipped-over
- Compact designs are better for storage and transport, and shelf-space efficiency.
- The tumblers stack
- The combination of super-tough Tritan and robust designs and rigid process control enables a life-time unbreakable guarantee to be offered.
8.Guaranteed dishwasher safe
- Tritan is resistant to dishwasher chemical – polycarbonate will craze, crack and dis-colour. Polycarbonate has a limited dishwasher life. Tritan will last indefinitely.
- Tritan is a high temperature material which remains stable at normal dishwashing temperatures (120 degrees C). It will not distort – unlike SAN which distorts at 75 degree C
9.Microwave safe for re-heating
- Water can be safely boiled
10.Made in Australia in Palm Product’s factory
- Accredited to quality standard ISO9001, automotive standard TS16949, and Environmental standard ISO14001
- Gives total control over process and material used (no substitution)
- Each item is traceable back to the day of production and material batch
- Automation and lean production systems gives Asian competitive factory cost.
Fax (61) (0)3 9532 0144